This week I’m doing things a bit differently and changing things up with this episode. Today we’re talking orange wine, meatless burgers and keeping it cool in the summer and I’ve taken the best bits from my Facebook live video show and included them here for you.
Is orange the new white? Which wines pair best with meatless burgers? How do you keep your wines cool in the summer heat? I’d love for you to share your questions or comments with me. You can do that right here in the comments below this post or email me at email@example.com. Enjoy!
- Are orange wines a fad or here to stay?
- Chatelaine magazine interviewed me about this recently, so I’m sharing my thoughts with you.
- Which wines to pair with the new meatless burgers?
- How do you keep your wines cool in the summer heat, especially when dining outdoors?
- Where did orange wine originate?
- How is orange wine made?
- What are the specifications and requirements for Canadian orange wine?
- What do the opposing arguments say about orange wine and terroir?
- Who makes orange wines in Ontario?
- Chatelaine Article | The Next Rosé? Everything You Need To Know About One Of The Trendiest Wines
- The Globe and Mail Article | Selling the sizzle: Are high-tech veggie burgers the start of a huge new industry, or a fake-beef bubble?
- Beyond Meat
- FREEZE Cooling Wine Glasses
- Vacu Vin Rapid Ice Wine Chiller
- CHILL™ Grey Cooling Pour Spout
- Cooper Cooler
- Kikkerland Reusable Ice Cubes
- Unreserved Wine Talk Episode 31 | Pairing Wine & Charcuterie with Jennifer McLagan
- Join me for my Facebook Live video show at 7 pm ET every second Wednesday (July 10, July 24, etc.)
- Watch previous episodes of my Facebook video show
Tag Me on Social
Tag me on social media if you enjoyed the episode:
- @nataliemaclean and @natdecants on Facebook
- @nataliemaclean on Twitter
- @nataliemacleanwine on Instagram
- @nataliemaclean on LinkedIn
- Email Me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thirsty for more?
- Sign up for my free online wine video class where I’ll walk you through how to taste wine and pair it with food like a pro – without the snobbery ;)
- Join me on Facebook Live Video every second Wednesday at 7 pm eastern for a casual wine chat.
- You’ll find my books here, including Unquenchable: A Tipsy Quest for the World’s Best Bargain Wines and Red, White and Drunk All Over: A Wine-Soaked Journey from Grape to Glass.
- The new audio edition of Red, White and Drunk All Over is now available on Amazon.ca, Amazon.com and other country-specific Amazon sites; iTunes.ca, iTunes.com and other country-specific iTunes sites; Audible.ca and Audible.com.
Transcript & Takeaways
Welcome to episode 32!
I’m changing things up a bit with this episode. I’ve taken the best bits from my Facebook live video show and included them here for you.
We’re going to chat about the trend of orange wines: is orange the new white?
We’ll also talk about the new meatless burgers from the company Beyond Meat, which I manage to mangle (or should I say grind) as Beyond Beef and Beyond Burgers, but it’s Beyond Meat. I wanted to see which wines paired best with these burgers and if I could drink the same wines as I would with a real beef burger.
Speaking of meat, if you missed last week’s episode number 31 about pairing wine and charcuterie, go back and have a listen. James Beard award-winning author Jennifer McLagan has some fabulous advice about how to prepare a charcuterie board, that selection of cured meats usually served before dinner, and how to pair them with wine.
Finally, in this episode, I chat about gadgets to keep your wines cool at the cottage or in the backyard. Now, this was a lot easier to do on live video as I was posting the links to these items so that viewers could see them.
So I’ve included all of the links to these gadgets in the show notes at nataliemaclean.com/32 for you.
I also ask the Facebook video viewers to post questions and comments on Facebook, and I ask you to do the same, whether it’s in the show notes or just email me directly at email@example.com.
If you’re listening to this episode live when it’s published on Wednesday, July 10th, please join me for my Facebook video show at 7 pm eastern this evening at nataliemaclean.com/facebook.
We’ll chat about a new slate of topics including the challenge of how to pair wine with seafood, the real dangers of flying champagne corks if you don’t open a bottle of bubbly properly (I’ll show you how) and how one cork stopped the men’s match at Wimbledon Friday, and finally the new trend of sober curious wine drinkers as reported in the New York Times recently.
I’ll also announce the three winners of Karen MacNeil’s book The Wine Bible … yes, we always have prizes! We’re live every second Wednesday at 7 pm eastern, so after July 10th, it’ll be July 24th and so on.
Please say hi in the comments if you join me … I’d love to know you’re there and if you heard about the show through this podcast.
You can always watch previous episodes at nataliemaclean.com/videos. I’ll include all of these links too in the show notes at nataliemaclean.com/32. Enjoy!
Well, there you have it! I hope you enjoyed the best bits of the live Facebook video show. If you did, please tell a friend about it, especially one who’s interested in learning more about orange wines, meatless burger pairings and keeping their wines cool. My podcast is easy to find: just search for it on Google — Unreserved Wine Talk, or my name.
As I mentioned in the intro, if you’re listening to this podcast the day it’s published, please join me at 7 pm eastern this evening at nataliemaclean.com/facebook.
If you can’t make it, the next one will be July 24th and then every second Wednesday after that. I’ll include this link and all of the other ones I mentioned, including the orange wines I recommended, in the show notes at nataliemaclean.com/32.
Next week on the podcast, we’ll be chatting with Mary Ewing-Mulligan, Master of Wine, and author of the best-selling wine book ever, Wine for Dummies. You’ll learn about her fascinating journey into the world of wine as well as her best wine tips.
Finally, if you want to take your wine and food pairing to the next level, join me in a free online video class at nataliemaclean.com/class.
I can’t wait to share more personal wine stories with you.
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this one. I hope something great is in your glass this week!