Liza and I chat about wines for weddings and parties on Global Morning Television. I love her gift idea for the happy couple: a wine crate with 3-4 bottles of wine.
Notes on each wine indicate the bottle to drink now, the one drink on their first anniversary, fifth and tenth. Add another special touch and buy one wine from the vintage of when they met or got engaged or the wedding year.
Here are more tips on planning party wines and drinks for weddings, reunions, graduations, birthdays and anniversaries.
When celebrating a wedding, anniversary, graduation or birthday with a large party, much energy is devoted to the food, flowers and entertainment. Yet one of the most expensive parts of any large function is the alcohol.
– do you need champagne for the toast or are there other sparkling wines that taste good but don’t cost as much?
– similarly are there red and white wines that won’t blow the budget? what if you want to go local with your choices?
– how to personalize your wine selection as the couple, or how to do so if giving the gift of wine (every bottle has a story, special vintage to commemorate when you met, Italian wine for couples of Italian heritage, getting a signed bottle from the winemaker etc)
– quick tips for food pairings with the dinner
– which types of glasses to use
– other tips: serving water for hydration/responsible hosts, beverage stations separated from food stations to avoid congestion etc