Number of Wines Recommended: 56
Review date: January 23, 2010
The highlights in this Vintages release include:
– 27 wines under $20
– Best value white: Vibrant, mouth-watering white from Argentina for pork and shellfish $13.95
– Favourite white: Sauvignon Blanc from South Africa with lime zesty goodness for vegetarian pizza, cornish hen, chicken wings 91/100
– Best value red (tied): Berry-ripe red from Chile for steak and hamburgers $14.95
– Best value red: Australian Shiraz with lip-smacking robust flavours of plums and berries for prime rib, beef stroganoff $15.95
– Favorite red: Classic Bordeaux for the cellar at a reasonable price for this monumental quality 93/100
– Favourite Sparkling Wine: A lovely Italian Moscato d’Asti with peach blossom freshness 89/100
– Favourite Dessert Wine: From the winery that put Niagara icewine on the map, this gorgeous bottling is one to cherish or to give 95/100
You can see a complete free sample set of reviews here.
Here is the text-only shopping list for the January 23 reviews with wine names, tasting notes, scores, food matches & recipes.