Dr. Edward Miller is a board-certified physician, author, & researcher and he has been passionate about wine since taking a wine appreciation course 30 years ago during medical school. He is a regular attendee at The International Wine-Heart Health Summits and a member of The Renaud Society, an international society of medical professionals investigating the role of wine in health. Dr. Miller is an advanced-level certified wine sommelier from the International Wine & Spirits Guild and he and his wife are practising physicians in southeast Arizona.
- How was Dr. Miller introduced to the Renaud Society?
- What is moderation and is it affected by the alcohol level of the specific wine?
- Are the rules of moderation different for men and women?
- Why should you drink a glass of water for every glass of wine?
- Is resveratrol really good for your health?
- What is the health potential of oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) in wine?
- Which wines have the highest concentrations of OPCs?
- Is it okay to drinking wine daily?
- What’s the history of Tannat in the United States?
- How does Cannonau fit into Dr. Corder’s research into OPCs?
- What does the latest research show in relation to wine and breast cancer?
- Can wine help to reduce the risk of dementia and diabetes?
- Does moderate drinking actually increase longevity?
- Connect with Dr. Miller:
- Facebook: @DontDrinkTooMuchButDontDrinkTooLittle
- Dr. Miller’s Mortality Graph
- The Renaud Society, a society of medical professionals with an interest in better health and a passion for wine
- Roger Corder, researcher and author of the Red Wine Diet
- Gallicchio Glass wine aerators
- Sunday Sipper Club Interview | Blending Wine & Medicine with Argentina’s Dr. Laura Catena
You also can watch the video interview with Dr. Miller that includes bonus content and behind-the-scenes questions and answers that weren’t included in this podcast. You’ll find the mortality study and other graphs that we mention in this episode there and you can see Ed’s favourite aerator in the video.
- Cisplatino Progreso Tannat 2014
- Robert Mondavi Winery Private Selection Bourbon Barrels Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
- Drumheller Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
- Sella & Mosca Di Sardegna Riserva Cannonau 2014
Tag Me on Social
Tag me on social media if you enjoyed the episode:
- @nataliemaclean and @natdecants on Facebook
- @nataliemaclean on Twitter
- @nataliemacleanwine on Instagram
- @nataliemaclean on LinkedIn
- Email Me at email@example.com
Thirsty for more?
- Sign up for my free online wine video class where I’ll walk you through how to taste wine and pair it with food like a pro – without the snobbery ;)
- Join me on the Sunday Sipper Club on Facebook Live Video every Sunday at 6 pm eastern.
- You’ll find my books here, including Unquenchable: A Tipsy Quest for the World’s Best Bargain Wines and Red, White and Drunk All Over: A Wine-Soaked Journey from Grape to Glass.
- The new audio edition of Red, White and Drunk All Over is now available on Amazon.ca, Amazon.com and other country-specific Amazon sites; iTunes.ca, iTunes.com and other country-specific iTunes sites; Audible.ca and Audible.com.