As I mentioned in the introductory episode of the Unreserved Wine Talk podcast, every other episode I’ll be doing a solo episode where I offer up some of my personal wine confessions. This is the first of these special confessional episodes.
Many of these stories I’ve never shared publicly. Some will be funny, others will be painful, and a few will be embarrassing. I’ve decided to share these confessions with you not because I’m a psychological exhibitionist, but because you might you might be able to relate, and I want you to know you’re not alone.
Take a listen to my confessional episode as I talk about a taboo subject in the world of wine; loving the buzz of alcohol.
- My reaction to a recent health study claiming no amount of alcohol is safe to consume
- The truth I’m embarrassed to admit as someone who writes and speaks about wine professionally
- Why wine should be treated as an enhancement to an experience and not as the experience itself
- The Lancet | No Level of Alchohol Consumption Improves Health
- The Atlantic | A Daily Drink Is Almost Certainly Not Going to Hurt You
- Dr. Brené Brown’s Website
- Anthony Bourdain’s Book | Kitchen Confidential
- Dr. Edward Miller
- Unreserved Wine Talk | Episode 1: Wine Forgery and True Wine Crime with Pete Hellman
- Gérard Bertrand Grand Terroir Les Aspres Syrah Mourvèdre Grenache 2015
- Henry of Pelham Winery Pinot Noir 2015
- Santa Margherita Brut Rosé Sparkling
Tag Me on Social
Tag me on social media if you enjoyed the episode:
- @nataliemaclean and @natdecants on Facebook
- @nataliemaclean on Twitter
- @nataliemacleanwine on Instagram
- @nataliemaclean on LinkedIn
- Email Me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thirsty for more?
- Sign up for my free online wine video class where I’ll walk you through how to taste wine and pair it with food like a pro – without the snobbery ;)
- Join me on the Sunday Sipper Club on Facebook Live Video every Sunday at 6 pm eastern.
- You’ll find my books here, including Unquenchable: A Tipsy Quest for the World’s Best Bargain Wines and Red, White and Drunk All Over: A Wine-Soaked Journey from Grape to Glass.
- The new audio edition of Red, White and Drunk All Over is now available on Amazon.ca, Amazon.com and other country-specific Amazon sites; iTunes.ca, iTunes.com and other country-specific iTunes sites; Audible.ca and Audible.com.