Number of Wines Recommended: 48
Review date: November 7, 2009
The highlights in this Vintages release include:
– 17 wines under $20
– Best value white: Chilean Chardonnay with toasted almonds and buttery richness for roast chicken $15.95
– Favorite white: German Riesling with mouth-watering aromas of ripe peach for glazed ham and soft cheeses 93/100
– Best value red: Argentine Malbec with fleshy dark berries for hamburgers, lamb and pizza $12.95
– Favorite red: An Italian Super Tuscan bursting with notes of violets, aged leather, black cherry for prime rib and filet mignon 93/100
– Favorite Sparkling Wine: James Bon’s classic bubbly, timeless and edgy 93/100
– Best value dessert wine: A luxuriously rich port for after dinner or with chocolate desserts $18.95
You can see a complete free sample set of reviews here.
Here is the text-only shopping list for these reviews with wine names, tasting notes, scores, food matches & recipes for the November 7 reviews here.