Number of Wines Recommended: 68
Review date: 2/6/2010
The highlights in this Vintages release include lots of amazing wines rated 90+ points for incredibly low prices. This is a terrific release and it’s reflected in how many wines I’ve recommended. Enjoy!
- 14 wines under $20
- Best value white: A stunningly tasty Portuguese white ideal for fried chicken or fish
- Favourite white (tied): Hazelnut melted butter goodness in this Aussie Chardonnay to pair with roast chicken 92/100
- Favorite white (tied): A classic Chablis with vibrant lime aromas, drink with shellfish, seafood 92/100
– Best value red (tied): A blackberry-rich Chilean Cabernet Carmenere for lamb, sausage, hamburgers $14.95
– Best value red (tied): Mexican Petit Syrah with with blackberry richness for hamburgers and pepperoni pizza $11.95
– Favorite red: A top-notch Bordeaux with gorgeous dark fruit aromas, cellar it 94/100
– Favourite Red Wine (tied): Italy’s cult red delivers again 98/100
– Favourite Rosé: Strawberry-ripe, mouth-watering rosé for salmon, turkey or aperitif $11.95
– Best Value Sparkling Wine: A Alsatian bubbly with lovely citrus notes $18.95
– Favourite Sparkling Wine: An amazing Italian Branchetto with gorgeous ripe raspberry notes 92/100
– Favourite Dessert Wine: A stunningly rich Niagara icewine to keep you warm through winter 92/100
You can see a complete free sample set of reviews here.
Here is the text-only shopping list for these reviews with wine names, tasting notes, scores, food matches & recipes of the February 6 wine reviews above.