Fontanafredda Serralunga d'Alba Barolo 2010 Wine Review
Fontanafredda Serralunga d'Alba Barolo 2010
Piedmont D.O.C.G., Italy
Community Reviews: 5
Add My Review
Bottle size: 750 ml
Natalie's Score: 89/100
This Barolo has knitted together quickly and comes from a strong vintage. Not fruit forward but rather dust, smoke, tar, leather and earth. Good acidity for truffled risotto or wild boar. Some tannins still though they are taming.
Barolo food pairings: hamburgers, aged cheese, venison, grilled beef, roast veal.
Voluptuous Veal Wine
This Fontanafredda Serralunga d'Alba Barolo 2010 was reviewed on October 24, 2015 by Natalie MacLean
More Vintages: 2015 2014 2013 2007 2012
Add New Vintage
Pricing & Stock Information
Reviews and Ratings
|Pamela Chiles rated this wine as 91/100 with the following review:|
Barolo, barolo, how do I love thee? Serious and grippy tannins on this Piedmonte monster, but the fruit is starting to shine. Dense and plush (yes, that phrase gets used a lot), dusty, rose, blackberry, bitter chocolate - boom! Fab. Stunning with a duo of lamb and all the accessories...or keep a for a few more years.
|Lori Kilmartin WSET3 - WSET3 Sommelier rated this wine as 91/100 with the following review:|
I'm fortunate to have good friends that believe a good bottle of wine should be shared! At a recent "Sommelier Dinner" this lovely Barolo was brought to pair with a lamb duo dish and did not disappoint. Intense aromas of leather, smoke, spice, ripe plum and violets. Rich mouthfeel with tannins that still have a bit of an edge.A long finish that keeps you wanting more. I'm hoping said friend perhaps has a few more in her cellar. Tasted February 12, 2017.
|Alexandre Craig DWS, FWS rated this wine as 90/100 with the following review:|
A pale garnet color, with a very typical nose of roses, earth, sour red cherries, damson plums and leather.
A bright, vivid acidity helps to off-set the powerful tannic structure of the wine, and lends a balancing lift to the 14% alcohol. The full-bodied palate turns into a long, firm finish, with a typical Italian flavor of cherry pit.
|The 2010 vintage of the northern Italian red wine Barolo del Comune di Serralunga d'Alba is created with an annual production of 200,000 bottles. About 80% of the Nebbiolo grapes are grown in the Fontanafredda estate vineyards and the other 20% is bought from local growers. - Community Wine Reviews|
If you liked the Fontanafredda Serralunga d'Alba Barolo 2010, you might also like these wines:
Recipes for Fontanafredda Serralunga d'Alba Barolo 2010