Beef Tenderloin With Tarragon Mushroom SauceIngredients
2 pounds beef tenderloin
¼ cup Dijon mustard
1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
2 tsp butter
3 cups finely chopped mushrooms
2 tsp flour
3 tbsp chopped green onions
1 cup canned beef broth, undiluted
½ tsp dried tarragon leaves
½ cup 35% cream
1. Trim beef of any visible fat; place in roasting pan. Stir mustard with pepper, spread over beef. Let stand in fridge for 1 hour.
2. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Roast beef 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and roast 25-35 minutes for medium rare, 35-45 minutes for pink (time depends on size of tenderloin). Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before slicing thin.
4. To make the sauce, in a skillet heat butter over high heat; cook mushrooms, stirring often, about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with flour; cook 1 minute. Add onions, cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add beef broth and tarragon; bring to boil. Boil, stirring often, until liquid is reduced by half.
5. Stir in heavy cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; boil, stirring, 2-3 minutes, or until thickened slightly and sauce is reduced to about 1 cup.
6. Spoon sauce over servings of beef.
If you'd like more delicious recipes and wine pairings
, join my newsletter.
Visit Susan Desjardins
's wine and food blog
Tickled Pink Cookbook.