Drink.  Learn.  Laugh.  Repeat.

Welcome Back!Sign in here:

Not Registered?Become one of our thirsty clan 306,670 strong:

Register Today!

Yabby Lake Vineyard Single Vineyard Pinot Noir 2010 Wine Review

Yabby Lake Vineyard Single Vineyard Pinot Noir 2010

Yabby Lake Vineyard Single Vineyard Pinot Noir 2010

Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia

Community Score:92/100

Community Reviews: 4

  Add My Review

Price: $51.95

Drink: 2013-2017

Bottle size: 750 ml

Alcohol: 14%

Sweetness: Extra Dry

Wine Type: Red Wine

Winery: Yabby Lake Vineyard

Agent: Von Terra Enterprises Ltd.

Natalie's Score: 92/100

Black cherry with mouth-watering acidity yet it doesn't taste tart. Great balance and mouth-filling joyousness. Perfect for roast turkey.

Gorgeous Gift Wine

This Yabby Lake Vineyard Single Vineyard Pinot Noir 2010 was reviewed on October 26, 2013 by Natalie MacLean

More Vintages: 2007  2007 

  Add New Vintage

Pricing & Stock Information

Reviews and Ratings

Dan Trcka Wine Blogger rated this wine as 93/100 with the following review:

The 2010 Yabby Lake Vineyard Pinot Noir, a blend of MV6 (80%) and Pommard, G5V15, and 115 clones making up the remainder - all sourced from the Mornington Peninsula; has captivating, intense aromas of almond, cigar box, black currant and raspberry. It is a medium bodied, extra-dry, integrated wine; balanced with good acidity, refined, dusty tannins and a long and smooth finish. This is a sipping wine; drink now to 2020+. My impression: BEAUTIFUL, 93 pts – recommended for its quality. Tasted at Australia Today 2014 Trade show http://grapeselections.com/australian-wine/ in Feb/14.

See my wine recommendations readily available at the LCBO here:

Douglas McMillan rated this wine as 92/100 with the following review:

A very solid show of expertise in Pinot Noir from Australia. Medium garnet with aromas of ripe raspberry, cherry, strawberry, earthiness, cloves and other baking spices. The taste is more cherry and raspberry with firm but silky tannins and medium-high acidity. Long cherry finish with the baking spices shining through. Pricey, but worth it. I paired this with roast chicken, gravy, and a Brussel sprout salad.
A blend of clones MV6 (80%), the remainder Pommard, G5V15, and 115; 20% whole bunch; 15% to 20% new French oak puncheons. Strong, deep and clear colour, there is a mix of dark cherry, plum and spice in the core of the palate, fine tannins running throughout giving texture, structure and flavour; glorious drive and length. Drink now till 2018. Score – 96. Source: James Halliday, winecompanion.com.au, July 17, 2012

If you liked the Yabby Lake Vineyard Single Vineyard Pinot Noir 2010, you might also like these wines:



Join me in a free online video class to learn the secrets to perfect pairings.

Wine of the Week

As featured on  

CTV Wine of the Week!

Leyda White Wine
Sauvignon Blanc 2020,
Leyda Valley ...

Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean offers North America's most popular online wine and food pairing classes. She was named the World's Best Drinks Writer at the World Food Media Awards in Australia.

Natalie has published two books with Random House, both selected as one of Amazon's Best Books of the Year.

Join 306,670 thirsty wine lovers who get access to all of her wine reviews by becoming a member of her site. Take a free online pairing class with her here.



Know the wines you want before you even get to the store with my wine reviews. Join now. It's free.

Red, White & Drunk All Over

  Best Books of the Year

Red, White & Drunk all over by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean writes about wine with a sensuous obsession... and often laugh-out-loud funny... Terrific.

Rex Pickett, Sideways

Ms. MacLean is the disarming Everywoman. She loves wine, loves drinking ... ultimately, it's a winning formula.

Eric Asimov, The New York Times


Access my reviews on mobile with the bar code scanner.


Unquenchable: A Tipsy Search

  Best Books of the Year

Unquenchable by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean is a new force in the wine writing world ‐ a feisty North American answer to Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson. She can write beautifully about wine.

The Financial Times of London

There are very few people in the wine world who "get it" and Natalie is one of those who brings more fun to a buttoned-up and stodgy game.

Gary Vaynerchuck, Wine Library TV

Starting a Wine Cellar?

Expert advice for all budgets

Insider tips on starting a wine cellar
From wine racks to underground caves, insider tips on size and space, number of bottles, ideal conditions and reputable resources.   learn more  




Winner World's Best Drink Writer
WFour-Time Winner James Beard Foundation
Five-Time Winner Association of Food Journalists
Six-Time Winner Bert Greene Award
Best Wine Literature Book Gourmand World Cookbook Awards
Online Writer of the Year Louis Roederer International Wine Writing Award