Drink.  Learn.  Laugh.  Repeat.

Welcome Back!Sign in here:

Not Registered?Become one of our thirsty clan 274,881 strong:

Register Today!
Ad

Pierre André Meursault 2011 Wine Review

Pierre André Meursault 2011

Pierre André Meursault 2011

Burgundy A.C., France

Community Score:93/100

Community Reviews: 4

  Add My Review


Price: $49.95

Drink: 2013-2019

Bottle size: 750 ml

Alcohol: 13.5%

Sweetness: Extra Dry

Wine Type: White Wine


Winery: Pierre André

Agent: Wineworld Importers & Exporters Ltd

Natalie's Score: 94/100

Liquid gorgeous! Everything you want in a Burgundian Chardonnay: classic. Toasted almond and hazelnut with ripe peach and pear notes. Complex, concentrated and balanced.

Remarkable Roast Chicken Wine

This Pierre André Meursault 2011 was reviewed on December 6, 2014 by Natalie MacLean

  Add New Vintage

Pricing & Stock Information

Reviews and Ratings

Darlene Myers - CAPS Student rated this wine as 94/100 with the following review:

This wine was featured in the tasting station in our local liquor store and thankfully I managed to get a bottle before they quickly sold out of it. Lots of people went back hoping to buy it again, and for good reason. It was a fantastic Burgundian Chardonnay that made it to my personal list of the top wines I tried in 2014. Beautifully smooth, fresh tropical flavors with pineapple and peach, and hints of toasted vanilla. It had a long last finish that wouldn't quit, and I enjoyed every ounce of this gorgeous wine.
Heather Wall - CS; WSET Advanced rated this wine as 92/100 with the following review:

80% of this Burgundian Chardonnay was aged for 13 months in French oak barrels while the remaining 20% was aged in S/S. Brilliant pale lemon colour with intense aromatics of citrus, peach, vanilla, nuts, popcorn. The wine opens up to flinty minerality and ripe tropical fruit. The palette is characterized by delicious ripe fruit., toast and herbs. Fresh acidity and medium-bodied.Long length on an elegant mouth coating finish. A beautiful Cote de Beaune white wine. Enjoy this wine now or be rewarded over the next 5-7 years. Pair with roasted pork, shellfish, roasted chicken, strong cheeses.
Tasted: December 2014
Since 1923, Cote de Beaune Pierre Andre based at Chateau de Corton-Andre in Aloxe-Corton from the renowned vineyards of Burgundy's Cote de Nuits and Cote de Beaune. This is a remarkable wine for the tough 2011 vintage: Old World Chardonnay in all its glory. When we talk of minerality, here it is in this Meursault white wine. - Community Wine Reviews

If you liked the Pierre André Meursault 2011, you might also like these wines:

Recipes for Pierre André Meursault 2011

Ad

WANT TO LEARN HOW TO

PAIR WINE
& FOOD?

Join me in a free online video class to learn the secrets to perfect pairings.

Wine of the Week

As featured on  

CTV Wine of the Week!

Lan Red Wine
2011,
Rioja D.O.C.A. ...

Natalie MacLean

Canada's Most Quoted Wine Writer

Natalie MacLean is editor of Canada's largest wine review web site, publishing hundreds of wine reviews every week for more than 274,881 members.

She was named the World's Best Drinks Writer at the World Food Media Awards in Australia.

Natalie has published two books with Random House, the second was named one of Amazon's Best Books of the Year. Get access to all of her reviews today by becoming a member of her site.

FEEL LOST IN THE

LCBO?

Know the wines you want before you even get to the store with my wine reviews. Join now. It's free.

Red, White & Drunk All Over

  Best Books of the Year

Red, White & Drunk all over by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean writes about wine with a sensuous obsession... and often laugh-out-loud funny... Terrific.

Rex Pickett, Sideways

Ms. MacLean is the disarming Everywoman. She loves wine, loves drinking ... ultimately, it's a winning formula.

Eric Asimov, The New York Times

GOT A SMARTPHONE?

Access my reviews on mobile with the bar code scanner.

GET NAT'S APP

Unquenchable: A Tipsy Search

  Best Books of the Year

Unquenchable by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean is a new force in the wine writing world ‐ a fiesty North American answer to Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson. She can write beautifully about wine.

The Financial Times of London

There are very few people in the wine world who "get it" and Natalie is one of those who brings more fun to a buttoned-up and stodgy game.

Gary Vaynerchuck, Wine Library TV

Starting a Wine Cellar?

Expert advice for all budgets

Insider tips on starting a wine cellar
From wine racks to underground caves, insider tips on size and space, number of bottles, ideal conditions and reputable resources.   learn more  
Winner World's Best Drink Writer
WFour-Time Winner James Beard Foundation
Five-Time Winner Association of Food Journalists
Six-Time Winner Bert Greene Award
Best Wine Literature Book Gourmand World Cookbook Awards
Online Writer of the Year Louis Roederer International Wine Writing Award