Welcome Back!Sign in here:

Not Registered?Become one of our thirsty clan 267,018 strong:

Register Today!

Want to Taste 7 Unusually Great Wine & Food Pairings?

302,279Wine Reviews
267,018Members
30Seconds to join
Ad

Banfi Stilnovo Governo All'uso Toscano 2016 Wine Review

Banfi Stilnovo Governo All'uso Toscano 2016

Banfi Stilnovo Governo All'uso Toscano 2016

Tuscany I.G.T., Italy

  Add My Review


Price: $18.95

Drink: 2018-2022

Bottle size: 750 ml

Alcohol: 13.5%

Sweetness: Dry

Wine Type: Red Wine


Winery: Banfi

Agent: Authentic Wine & Spirits Merchants

More Vintages: 2015  2015 

  Add New Vintage

Pricing & Stock Information

StoreStock    
BAYFIELD & HANMER107 Add
HWY 7 & WESTON47 Add
BAYVIEW & SHEPPARD (BAYVIEW VILLAGE)32 Add
HAZELDEAN & MAIN27 Add
MAJOR MACKENZIE & JANE24 Add
See More Edit

Reviews and Ratings

Banfi Stilnovo Governo All'uso Toscano 2016 is a great value Sangiovese from the Tuscany wine region. The 2016 vintage saw 70% of the grapes, harvested by the second half of September, then fermented in stainless steel tanks (18 – 28 C°) for two to three weeks. The remaining 30% of the grapes stay drying on the vine until the second half of October, then added to the wine which will give a second fermentation for three to four weeks with 20% of the resulting wine is aged in third-use oak barrels. From the winemaker: "The Governo all'Uso Toscano by Banfi, is a new way to define the wine. An ancient technique based on the re-fermentation of the wine with partially dried grapes, that creates a dynamic and fresh wine characterized by a unique style." Pair this great food wine with a roast leg of lamb. - Community Wine Reviews

If you liked the Banfi Stilnovo Governo All'uso Toscano 2016, you might also like these wines:

Recipes for Banfi Stilnovo Governo All'uso Toscano 2016

Ad

WANT TO LEARN HOW TO

PAIR WINE
& FOOD?

Join me in a free online video class to learn the secrets to perfect pairings.

Wine of the Week

As featured on  

CTV Wine of the Week!

Terres Secrètes White Wine
Chardonnay 2016,
Saint-Véran, Burgundy A.C. ...

Natalie MacLean

Canada's Most Quoted Wine Writer

Natalie MacLean is editor of Canada's largest wine review web site, publishing hundreds of wine reviews every week for more than 267,018 members.

She was named the World's Best Drinks Writer at the World Food Media Awards in Australia.

Natalie has published two books with Random House, the second was named one of Amazon's Best Books of the Year. Get access to all of her reviews today by becoming a member of her site.

FEEL LOST IN THE

LCBO?

Know the wines you want before you even get to the store with my wine reviews. Join now. It's free.

Red, White & Drunk All Over

  Best Books of the Year

Red, White & Drunk all over by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean writes about wine with a sensuous obsession... and often laugh-out-loud funny... Terrific.

Rex Pickett, Sideways

Ms. MacLean is the disarming Everywoman. She loves wine, loves drinking ... ultimately, it's a winning formula.

Eric Asimov, The New York Times

GOT A SMARTPHONE?

Access my reviews on mobile with the bar code scanner.

GET NAT'S APP

Unquenchable: A Tipsy Search

  Best Books of the Year

Unquenchable by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean is a new force in the wine writing world ‐ a fiesty North American answer to Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson. She can write beautifully about wine.

The Financial Times of London

There are very few people in the wine world who "get it" and Natalie is one of those who brings more fun to a buttoned-up and stodgy game.

Gary Vaynerchuck, Wine Library TV

Starting a Wine Cellar?

Expert advice for all budgets

Insider tips on starting a wine cellar
From wine racks to underground caves, insider tips on size and space, number of bottles, ideal conditions and reputable resources.   learn more  
Winner World's Best Drink Writer
Four-Time Winner James Beard Foundation
Five-Time Winner Association of Food Journalists
Six-Time Winner Bert Greene Award
Best Wine Literature Book Gourmand World Cookbook Awards
Online Writer of the Year Louis Roederer International Wine Writing Award