Welcome Back!Sign in here:

   Reset Password

Not Registered?Still need to become one of our thirsty clan 162121 strong?

Now's your chance!

Register Today!

Want the best wine for your buck?

204,891Wine Reviews
162,121Members
30Seconds to join
Ad

Leyda

Leyda
Av. Del Valle 601 of.22, Ciudad Empresarial, Santiago - Chile
Chile
Phone: (56-2) 381-6460
www.leyda.cl
Viña Leyda was founded in 1997, in San Antonio, place that today is recognized as the last great innovation of the Chilean viticulture. Being pioneers in the Leyda Valley - San Antonio; creating the new Denomination of Origin in May 2002. Traditionally, Leyda Valley has been an area of natural pasture lands and basic crops such as wheat and barley. After evaluating the potential conditions of the area, a crucial investment was made which enabled water to be brought from the Maipo River through an eight kilometer pipeline. Further more, a research of the topographic conditions suggested that Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc vines could grow in very good conditions. For that reason, Leyda started planting those vines in 1998 for a total of 80 hectares. Actually, Leyda has planted more vines reaching a total of 210 hectares divided into Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Merlot, Syrah, Riesling, Sauvignon Gris, Gewurztraminer and Cabernet Franc. 90% of Leyda’s exports are made to more than 27 countries, mainly, North America, Europe and Asia. The remaining 10% stays in Chile.

Update Winery information  Submit new wines to be posted

 

 

Although there aren't any wines associated with this winery, Natalie may have reviewed brands that this winery produces and she just didn't know to designate this winery in her tasting note. You can search here for specific brands.

Ad

FEEL LOST IN THE

STORE?

Know the wines you want before you even get to the store with my wine reviews. Join now. It's free.

Wine of the Week

As featured on  

CTV Wine of the Week!

Catena Zapata Red Wine
Malbec 2010,
Uco Valley, Mendoza ...

NEED A GREAT HOLIDAY

WINE GIFT?

Give a gift subscription to my wine reviews for a friend. One size fits all tastes.

Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean is editor of Canada's largest wine review web site, publishing hundreds of wine reviews every week for more than 162,121 members.

She was named the World's Best Drinks Writer at the World Food Media Awards in Australia.

Natalie has published two books with Random House, the second was named one of Amazon's Best Books of the Year. Get access to all of her reviews today by becoming a member of her site.

Red, White & Drunk All Over

  Best Books of the Year

Red, White & Drunk all over by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean writes about wine with a sensuous obsession... and often laugh-out-loud funny... Terrific.

Rex Pickett, Sideways

Ms. MacLean is the disarming Everywoman. She loves wine, loves drinking ... ultimately, it's a winning formula.

Eric Asimov, The New York Times

GOT A SMARTPHONE?

Access my reviews on mobile with the bar code scanner.

GET NAT'S APP

Unquenchable: A Tipsy Search

  Best Books of the Year

Unquenchable by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean is a new force in the wine writing world ‐ a fiesty North American answer to Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson. She can write beautifully about wine.

The Financial Times of London

There are very few people in the wine world who "get it" and Natalie is one of those who brings more fun to a buttoned-up and stodgy game.

Gary Vaynerchuck, Wine Library TV

Starting a Wine Cellar?

Expert advice for all budgets

Insider tips on starting a wine cellar
From wine racks to underground caves, insider tips on size and space, number of bottles, ideal conditions and reputable resources.   learn more  
Winner World's Best Drink Writer
Four-Time Winner James Beard Foundation
Five-Time Winner Association of Food Journalists
Six-Time Winner Bert Greene Award
Best Wine Literature Book Gourmand World Cookbook Awards
Online Writer of the Year Louis Roederer International Wine Writing Award