Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars Reserve Reserve Chardonnay 2008
Note: I publish batches of reviews that I call Good Values Wine Picks. These are from the regular section of the liquor store rather than the Vintages section, and tend to be lower priced and the most widely available of all wines. The last four reviews I did were: May 22, March 7, January 4 and December 16.
A classic Chardonnay with aromas of fresh melon and green apples. Not a lot of oak evident here. Full-bodied but not heavy. Food matches: roast chicken.
Reviewed April 22, 2011 by Natalie MacLean
Opinions about wine differ greatly as the experience is subjective. You may find it helpful to compare this critical evaluation of the wine with mine as well as your own:
|The Chardonnay is 45% fermented and aged in stainless steel, and the remaining 55% fermented and aged in French oak barrels. The wine was blended in April, and returned to barrels to age sur-lie until bottling in July 2009. The “Stripe Label” signifies a select blend of the vintage which enhances the structure, finesse and elegance with extended bottle ageing prior to release.|
The 2008 “Stripe Label” Chardonnay is complex and full-bodied, displaying delicate citrus blossom and fruit flavours, with sweet lemony spice and sur-lie character.
If you liked this wine, you might also like these:
Serve this wine between 55-60 degrees Farenheit or 12-16 degrees Celsius. Tip: If your bottle is at room temperature, put it in ice water for about 30 minutes or in the fridge for about three hours to chill it.