Welcome Back!Sign in here:

   Reset Password

Not Registered?Still need to become one of our thirsty clan 162410 strong?

Now's your chance!

Register Today!

Want the best wine for your buck?

212,074Wine Reviews
162,410Members
30Seconds to join
Ad

Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars Reserve Pinot Gris 2008 Wine Review

Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars Reserve Pinot Gris 2008

Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars Reserve Pinot Gris 2008

Okanagan Valley, BC, VQA, Canada

Community Score: 4.4/5

Community Reviews: 1

  Add My Review


Price: $25.90

Drink: 2011-2014

Bottle size: 750 ml



 

Alcohol: 13%

Sweetness: Dry

Wine Type: White Wine


Winery: Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars

Agent: J. Webb Wine Merchant Ltd.

Product: 329458

Product: 329458

More Vintages: 2012   Add New Vintage

Natalie's Score: 88/100

A clean, crisp white with white and green melon notes and some lemon-lime zest on the finish. Refreshing as an aperitif, but equally versatile with many dishes.

Pinot Gris food pairings: vegetarian dishes, seafood.

This was reviewed April 22, 2011 by

More Wine Reviews and Ratings

The Pinot Gris is 60% fermented and aged in stainless steel, and the remaining 40% fermented and aged in French oak barrels for 8 months. Upon completion of fermentation, battonage was practiced, which ended in early December. The Pinot Gris went through 5% malolactic fermentation and bottled July 2009. The “Stripe Label” signifies a select blend of the vintage which enhances the structure, finesse and elegance with extended bottle ageing prior to release.
The 2008 “Stripe Label” Pinot Gris is complex wine displaying citrus blossom, butterscotch, with a rich orange peel finish.
Ad

FEEL LOST IN THE

STORE?

Know the wines you want before you even get to the store with my wine reviews. Join now. It's free.

NEED A GREAT HOLIDAY

WINE GIFT?

Give a gift subscription to my wine reviews for a friend. One size fits all tastes.

Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean is editor of Canada's largest wine review web site, publishing hundreds of wine reviews every week for more than 162,410 members.

She was named the World's Best Drinks Writer at the World Food Media Awards in Australia.

Natalie has published two books with Random House, the second was named one of Amazon's Best Books of the Year. Get access to all of her reviews today by becoming a member of her site.

Red, White & Drunk All Over

  Best Books of the Year

Red, White & Drunk all over by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean writes about wine with a sensuous obsession... and often laugh-out-loud funny... Terrific.

Rex Pickett, Sideways

Ms. MacLean is the disarming Everywoman. She loves wine, loves drinking ... ultimately, it's a winning formula.

Eric Asimov, The New York Times

GOT A SMARTPHONE?

Access my reviews on mobile with the bar code scanner.

GET NAT'S APP

Unquenchable: A Tipsy Search

  Best Books of the Year

Unquenchable by Natalie MacLean

Natalie MacLean is a new force in the wine writing world ‐ a fiesty North American answer to Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson. She can write beautifully about wine.

The Financial Times of London

There are very few people in the wine world who "get it" and Natalie is one of those who brings more fun to a buttoned-up and stodgy game.

Gary Vaynerchuck, Wine Library TV

Starting a Wine Cellar?

Expert advice for all budgets

Insider tips on starting a wine cellar
From wine racks to underground caves, insider tips on size and space, number of bottles, ideal conditions and reputable resources.   learn more  
Winner World's Best Drink Writer
Four-Time Winner James Beard Foundation
Five-Time Winner Association of Food Journalists
Six-Time Winner Bert Greene Award
Best Wine Literature Book Gourmand World Cookbook Awards
Online Writer of the Year Louis Roederer International Wine Writing Award