Spicy Shrimp & Feta PastaIngredients
1 package fresh penne, fettuccine or linguine
4 garlic cloves
4-6 green onions, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
2 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
½ pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups feta cheese, chopped in large bite-sized pieces
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
2. Lightly coat large wide saucepan with oil and set over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and onions. Stir often until onions start to soften.
3. Add tomatoes, oregano and pepper.
4. Increase heat to medium high. Stir often, uncovered, until reduced by half.
5. Add shrimp. Continue to cook, uncovered, stirring frequently until shrimp turn pink and are firm. Remove from heat.
6. When pasta is cooked, drain well. Immediately stir into sauce with shrimp until evenly coated.
7. Gently stir in crumbled feta and parsley.
If you'd like more delicious recipes and wine pairings
, join my newsletter.
Visit Shelly Courneya
's wine and food blog
Tickled Pink Cookbook.