Spicy Italian Sausage QuesadillaIngredients
6 10- or 12-inch flour tortillas
1 pound hot Italian pork sausages
1 small green and red pepper, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 package Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa
1. Squeeze the sausage from their casings and fry in a non-stick pan over medium heat until no longer pink.
2. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off excess fat.
3. Take a tortilla, spread 1 tsp each sour cream and salsa.
4. Sprinkle peppers and onion over bottom half.
5. Add some cooked sausage and top with cheese.
6. Fold top half down and press lightly to stick.
7. Continue until all tortillas are filled.
8. In a non-stick frying pan, over medium heat, cook quesadillas for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, under golden brown and cheese melts. Cool slightly.
9. Cut into four wedges and serve with remaining sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
If you'd like more delicious recipes and wine pairings
, join my newsletter.
Visit Alana Chapman
's wine and food blog
Tickled Pink Cookbook.