Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
Makes 8 portions
Level of Difficulty: Easy
20 Cherry tomatoes
8 Slices of Tuscan bread or other European bread
8 Slices of fresh mozzarella (about 2 large balls)
8 Leaves of fresh basil
Aged balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Place tomatoes in roasting pan, coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Roast tomatoes in 400°F (200°C) oven for 1 hour.
3. Remove tomatoes from pan, reserving oil left in bottom of pan.
4. Place bread slices on baking sheet and roast bread until crispy, about 10 minutes.
5. Brush bread slices with reserved oil, cut tomatoes in half and place on bread, place one slice of mozzarella on each piece and return to oven until mozzarella has melted .
6. Gently rub basil leaves between your fingers to release the oils.
7. Drizzle the bread slices with balsamic vinegar and place basil leaves on top.
8. Serve warm.
Complementary Wines: Chianti Classico, Primitivo, Ripasso, Sangiovese, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano
If you'd like more delicious recipes and wine pairings
, join my newsletter.
Visit Melanie Secciani
's wine and food blog
The Spice Lab.