Roasted Fig and Gorgonzola Quiche
Level of Difficulty: Medium
1 ready made pie crust
1 package(250g) gorgonzola cheese
6 - 8 fresh figs
Crushed walnuts (optional)
2 cups 10% cream
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp nutmeg
A little aged balsamic vinegar to drizzle on top
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Line a standard pie plate with the crust.
3. With a fork, poke a few holes in the crust so it doesn’t puff up.
4. Pre-bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn heat up to 400°F (200°C)
5. In a mixing bowl beat the eggs on high to break them up, then down to low.
6. Add in the cream, salt, pepper & nutmeg. Beat on low for another minute.
7. In the pre-baked crust add in this order, figs, gorgonzola and egg mix. Top with a few crushed walnuts if you like.
8. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes.
9. Reduce oven temp to 300°F (150°C), cover with foil and continue baking for another 30 - 35 minutes, until the custard is set. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
10. Before serving the quiche, drizzle with the aged balsamic vinegar.
This recipe was created by Melanie Secciani, chef and owner of The Spice Lab, offering cooking classes in the heart of Florence Italy.
Complementary Wines: Cava
, Vernaccia Di San Gimignano
If you'd like more delicious recipes and wine pairings
, join my newsletter.
Visit Melanie Secciani
's wine and food blog
The Spice Lab.