Praline Pecan PieIngredients
1¾ cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup melted butter
1¾ cups caramel or butterscotch sundae sauce
8 cups softened vanilla ice cream
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour, chopped pecans, brown sugar and oatmeal in food processor. Mix well.
3. Add melted butter slowly.
4. Spread thin layer on baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Cool praline mixture.
7. Press half of praline mixture in a 13 x 9 inch pan.
8. Heat sundae sauce in microwave until warm. (Time will depend on microwave)
9. Drizzle with warmed sauce and then spread with ice cream and remaining praline mixture. Make sure the remaining sauce is quite warm, then drizzle this over the ice cream and praline mixture. If the sauce is warm enough, it melts the ice cream and creates a praline effect.
10. Top with pecans.
11. Freeze at least 6 hours.
If you'd like more delicious recipes and wine pairings
, join my newsletter.
Visit Linda Stollery
's wine and food blog
Tickled Pink Cookbook.