Natalie's Grammy’s BiscuitsIngredients
4 cups white flour
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp baking powder
½ cup white sugar
½ cup shortening
1 1/2 cup milk (more or less)
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
3. With pastry blender, cut in shortening to a fine consistency.
4. Add enough milk to make dough that you can hold in your hands.
5. Mix well.
6. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead for only 10 seconds.
7. Roll out to 1½ inch thickness. Cut out biscuits with a biscuit cutter.
8. Arrange on cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Grammy’s biscuit cutter was a can the size of a baby food can, with one end removed. For Strawberry Shortcake biscuits, she used a larger can.
Note: Natalie contributed this recipe for the Tickled Pink Cookbook, a project to raise funds for breast cancer research.
If you'd like more delicious recipes and wine pairings
, join my newsletter.
Visit more recipes from the Tickled Pink Cookbook
's wine and food blog
Tickled Pink Cookbook.