Fig Arugula Prosciutto RollsThis may be one of the easiest and cutest hors d’oeuvres to make. You can whip these off in the morning of your party, just lay them down on their backs and cover them tightly with plastic so the prosciutto doesn’t dry out and become impossible to chew.
Makes 24 rolls, level of difficulty - easy
1 bunch arugula, washed
12 slices of prosciutto
12 ripe figs
1. Lay a slice of prosciutto on a clean surface.
2. Top with a few leaves of arugula; be sure to have leaves coming out of both sides of the prosciutto, kind of like a little flag.
3. Top with two halves of fig peeking out just a little at each end. Roll up tightly. Slice in half.
4. Tuck in any of the extra prosciutto on the bottom to create a flat surface.
5. Either lay on their backs and wrap tightly with plastic wrap or stand up on a platter like little soldiers.
Wine Match – Prosecco
These little appetizers are perfect for a cocktail party, so why not serve them with the perfect cocktail – bubbly. I love Prosecco with these tasty bites because the fruity touch of sweetness in the wine not only matches the sweetness of the figs, it also contrasts with the saltiness of the prosciutto. And of course the bubbles are great for cleansing your palate. If you’re serving a bunch of appetizers, you can’t go wrong with some bubbly, and Prosecco is a great affordable choice.
If you'd like more delicious recipes and wine pairings
, join my newsletter.
Visit Angie MacRae and Stacey Metulynsky
's wine and food blog