Corn and Black Bean Soup
Black Bean and Corn Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minute
1 tablespoon ghee
1 teaspoon crushed cumin seeds
1 onion, very finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1.5 cups diced tomatoes
1 can of organic black beans
1 cup of frozen corn
2 cups of water
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper
2-3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
Grated cheddar cheese
Lowfat Sour Cream
Red Pepper Flakes
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the ghee and add the cumin seeds and begin to sizzle.
2. Stir in the onion and the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Mix in the tomatoes and black beans and cook on low heat.
4. Coarsely grind the corn in the food processor.
5. Add to the beans with 2 cups of water.
6. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
7. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
8. Turn of the heat and let this sit for 5 minute.
9. Laddle into bowls and add some grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
10. Squeeze lime juice and add cilantro and red chili pepper flakes as desired.
Enjoy on an early spring or anytime cooler day!
Complementary Wines: Beer: Lager, Burgundy, Cabernet Sauvignon New World, Coffee: Dark Roast, Cotes-du-Rhone
If you'd like more delicious recipes and wine pairings
, join my newsletter.
Visit Rinku Bhattacharya
's wine and food blog
Cooking With Rinku.