Number of Wines Recommended: 52
Review date: August 7, 2010
The highlights in this Vintages release include:
- 17 wines under $20
– Best value white (tied): Zesty Chilean Sauvignon Blanc for vegetarian dishes $14.95
– Best value white (tied): Pretty aromatic Italian white for roasta chicken, pasta $11.95
– Favourite white: Gorgeously rich, robust California Chardonnay 92/100
– Best value red: Full-bodied, berry-ripe Australian Shiraz $16.95
– Favourite red wine (tied): Classic Napa Cabernet for prime rib or the cellar 94/100
– Favourite red (tied): Robust Sonoma Cabernet with a literary past 92/100
– Best value rosé: Organic Niagara rosé for grilled tuna $16.95
– Favourite rosé: Bone-dry Provencal Rosé for chicken, aperitif 90/100
– Best value sparkling wine: South African bubbly with incredibly rich flavour $17.95
– Best value dessert wine: A lovely almond-infused port for creamy cheeses $13.95
Here is the text-only shopping list for these reviews with wine names, tasting notes, scores, food matches & recipes.
You can see a complete free sample set of reviews here.