Number of Wines Recommended: 56
Review date: October 10, 2009
The highlights in this Vintages release include:
– 22 wines under $20
– Best value white: New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc with pure grassy goodness for vegetarian dishes and quiche $14.95
– Favorite white: Voluptuous California Chardonnay for roast chicken 93/100
– Best value red: Supple, full-bodied Chilean Carmenère for hamburgers and steak $14.95
– Favorite red: Blackberry-rich Australian Shiraz for fajitas 93/100
– Favorite red: Dense, round, supple and full-bodied Spanish Cabernet for brisket and prime rib 93/100
Free sample wine reviews with tasting notes, scores & recipes:
Here is the text-only shopping list for these reviews with wine names, tasting notes, scores, food matches & recipes:
2007 Raimat Chardonnay Vina 27, Spain, $15.95 Score: 89/100.
2007 Porcupine Ridge Syrah, South Africa, $14.95 Score: 90/100.
You can see a complete free sample set of reviews here.