Number of Wines Recommended: 53
Review date: March 20, 2010
The highlights in this Vintages release include:
- 19 wines under $20
– Best value white: Lime-fresh German Riesling for pork and shellfish $13.95
– Favourite white: A spectacular Niagara Chardonnay for cornish hen, lobster in butter 94/100
– Best value red (tied): Australian Shiraz with fleshy plums for prime rib and hamburgers $14.95
– Best value red (tied): Italian Primitivo (Zinfandel) with blackberry goodness and robust supple layers for pepperoni pizza $12.95
– Favourite red: Drop-dead Tuscan beauty with a finish that won’t stop 96/100
– Best Value Rosé: Classic dry French rosé for salmon and chicken $13.95
– Favourite Sparkling Wine: A toasty French Champagne 90/100
– Best Value Sparkling Wine: Italian bubbly that is a delicious steal at $16.95
– Best Value Dessert Wine: Lovely after-dinner port with toasted almonds or black forest cake $15.95
Here is the text-only shopping list for these reviews with wine names, tasting notes, scores, food matches & recipes.
You can see a complete free sample set of reviews here.