Number of Wines Recommended: 47
Review date: April 17, 2010
The highlights in this Vintages release include:
- 16 wines under $20
– Best value white: Herbal-fresh New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for shellfish and vegetarian dishes $14.95
– Favourite white: California delivers bottled sunshine in this voluptuous Chardonnay 92/100
– Best value red: Chilean Cabernet-Syrah offers tasty dark berry aromas for hamburgers, meat lovers’ pizza $13.95
– Favourite red: A seductive California Cabernet that won’t quit for filet mignon 92/100
– Best Value Rosé: Classic rosé from sunny Provence for salmon and grilled Portabello mushroom $14.95
– Best Value Sparkling Wine: An Italian revelation that will rock your world and make summer parties a blast $15.95
– Best Value Dessert Wine: Lovely pear preserves in this Greek Muscat wine for angel cakes and biscotti $11.95
– Favourite Dessert Wine: A gorgeous late bottled port for black forest cake or chocolate cheesecake 90/100
You can see a complete free sample set of reviews here.
Here is the text-only shopping list for these April 17, 2010 reviews with wine names, tasting notes, scores, food matches & recipes.