Number of Wines Recommended: 36
Review date: May 1, 2010
The highlights in this Vintages release include:
– 16 wines under $20
– Best value white: A zesty Australian white for salads, chicken $14.95
– Favourite white: A rich, buttery Prince Edward County Chardonnay for roast chicken and corn dishes 90/100
– Best value red: A black plum-rich French Syrah for lamb, sausage, hamburgers $13.95
– Favourite value red (tied): A Spanish Tempranillo for roast leg of lamb $13.95
– Favourite red (tied): A top-notch Rhone Valley red for steak, brisket, lamb 92/100
– Best Value Rosé: Bone-dry French Rosé with fleshy ripe strawberries to drink with grilled tuna $13.95
– Favourite Rosé: Tavel Rosé in all its glory for pork tenderloin and grilled lamb chops 90/100
– Favourite Dessert Wine: A stunning port from a spectacular vintage 93/100
Here is the text-only shopping list for these reviews with wine names, tasting notes, scores, food matches & recipes.
You can see a complete free sample set of reviews here.