Just got approval for a seriously big update of the free wine mobile app for iPhone and iPod Touch:
I hope you’ll download it and give it a whirl.
As always, if you have suggestions for further improvements or new features, please just e-mail me directly. I look forward to hearing what you think of it!
What’s new in version 1.2?
- Improved performance, navigation and loads more free content
- Added new section to Pairings for Occasions: find wines for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and other events
- Added new sections under More for weird Wine Facts, hilarious Wine Quotes, educational Wine Videos, Twitter and Facebook streams
- Added a Shopping List button to create a custom shopping list for when you’re in the liquor store
- Added Top Picks section for a fast wine picks list of my favorites
- The popular Recipes section is now one of the four main areas of the app, along with pairings, wine reviews and cellar journal
- You can choose from 20 content areas to customize your four main icons: click on “More” then click on “Edit” to choose yours so that you can access them quickly every time you open the app
- Streamlined navigation to make moving around the app easier and faster
- Wine reviews listing condensed format to scan quickly with click to open more details
- Got rid of the splash screens that came up after the welcome screen
- Fixed the bug that prevented sharing wine picks on Facebook